BEWARE when ordering from this site. It is a super user friendly site (AND THIS IS THE POINT) just choose your country flag and start shopping. The prices are automatically switched to your local currency but what they do not tell you, is that the products are shipped from the US and you are liable to pay the import tax. In my case, ordering from France, cost me €57.42 + €7.36 for DHL delivery and an extra €28 in taxes which I was ordered to pay before they would give me my parcel. This amounts to 50% of the price of the articles I ordered.

When I informed IHERB they told me there was nothing they could do and it would cost €40 to have my packaged returned and they would only reimburse the difference (€57.42 less the €40) if I returned them. No commercial gesture whatsoever. Couldn't care less.

Therefore, I would recommend that you enquire about import tax before ordering from this site as it is NOT CLEARLY stipulated when you order. You don't even know the articles are shipped from the states. I have ordered from other US websites and they clearly state that there will be import taxes.

I would be interested to know if anyone else has had this experience.

This reviewer shared experience about pricing issue and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). This person is overall dissatisfied with iHerb. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about iHerb.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Pharmacy category for more informed decision or compare iHerb to other companies on our site.

Comments

Kajang, Selangor, Malaysia #1280591

Hey yes same happened to us but in our case it is actually illegal to import beauty/health products into Malaysia without a licence - we did get our products but also a stern warning from customs (very embarresing) this company needs to be more upfront about where shipping comes from etc