In very good faith I ordered 3 Solgar items to the value of £44.77 but to my utter dismay found that I had to pay £19 customs duty in order to receive the goods as it was not made clear on the website that the items would be shipped from the USA - had I known this I would not have proceeded with my order.I believe I was grossly misled by iHerbs and contacted their customer services who were totally unhelpful and gave me a lengthy account saying that it was not their responsibility that customs duty had to be paid as it was the law of the relevant country....well I know this, I'm not *** - they totally failed to understand that I wanted a refund of the customs duty I had to pay because of them misleading me!

I'm sure they do understand but are just not wishing to acknowledge their responsibility.

So for all of you who are ordering from outside the USA, please be warned that you will have to pay a considerable customs levy before you receive your items....it worked out much cheaper for me to purchase the same items locally.Needless to say I will never be ordering from iHerbs again!

Anoosh wrote the review because of "not clear on website that goods are shipped from usa so customs duty has to be paid when ordering from outside usa" at Iherb. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $29 and wants Iherb to issue a full refund.

The most disappointing in user's experience was will never order from them again. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Iherb solgar flaxseed oil for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Iherb?

Comments

It depends on the country--the UK charges high tax on these. Other countries charge little or none at all. Iherb is correct in that they have NO control over the amount or manner of local tax collection and they cannot refund the tax paid because that money is with the shipper and tax authorities, no iherb.

to Anonymous #1164264

Please spend a little more time in reading what I have written and you will realise that I am not in dispute about amounts of tax/import duties that have to be paid - the point I am making (and everyone including iHerbs totally either misses or ignores it) is that on their website there is no mention that their product is coming from the US as items are listed in GBP.If I had known the item was being shipped from the US I would have had enough common sense to conclude that they would incur tax/import duty and would not have ordered from them.

Again, my comments have nothing to do with the payment or amount of tax/import duty but have everything to do with the fact that the item is coming from abroad and I was totally misled.Presenting items for sale in the way iHerbs do is therefore totally misleading and I am warning people about this fact.